The Wash’Em team is committed to helping local-level actors respond rapidly and effectively to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We encourage you to read our brief and watch our webinars. We are working on getting these translated into more languages.
- Webinar – English, French, Spanish, Arabic
- Slides with Notes – English, French, Spanish, Arabic
- Questions and Answers – English, French (coming soon), Spanish (coming soon)
- Question and answers video blogs
- Coronavirus Guide – English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Bangla, Portuguese
- Activity videos
- Our systematic review on the determinants of handwashing behaviour – English
COVID-19 is spreading rapidly across the globe. The situation is changing daily and it is different in different regions of the world. It is important to stay informed via reliable information sources. Wash’Em has not developed its own list of resources, but below you will find a list of reliable resource hubs.
- Some of these have general resources and global guidance, e.g., the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Others are WASH sector specific, e.g., the Global WASH Cluster (GWC) and the Global Handwashing Partnership (GHP).
- Some contain more technical information and research, e.g., The Lancet family of journals, the Johns Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center, and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
- We also encourage you to pay attention to the latest guidance from your Government or National Ministry of Health for context-appropriate actions and recommendations.
- If you want to learn more, why not try some of the free online courses.
Key websites and resource hubs
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Global WASH Cluster
- Global Handwashing Partnership
- The Lancet
- Johns Hopkins Resource Centre
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Searchable research hub from PubMed
- Sanitation for All’s list of WASH guidelines in different languages
Free online courses on COVID-19
A picture says more than a thousand words. If you are looking for some quick infographics, posters or videos to share or adapt, we can suggest some resources too. Try to work with a designer and/or instructor if you can, or find someone from your target audience who can provide feedback. This will help ensure your message is robust, and that your message is easily understood as you intended.
- Poster from the Global Handwashing Partnership
- Myth Busting Messages from WHO
- CAWST Handwashing Posters
- CDC posters
- Editable graphics from Canva
- Editable posters from Poster My Wall
- Illustrations from Comics for Good
- Drawings from Mona Chalabi
- Vietnamese handwashing video and dance
- Oxfam handwashing video
- Videos from the Australian Government
- Other creative examples here
- Work remotely with graphic designers via 99 Designs
- Tippy-tap construction posters in different languages – by Hero in my Hood
- Global COVID-19 Prevention – Stanford Medicine